Friday, January 1, 2021

Introduction

Hello, my name is Matthew and I am what is colloquially known as a "huge nerd".  I'll spare anyone who bothers to read this the specifics of a youth spent diving through fantasy and sci-fi novels, you've all heard that story a thousand times. I'll also spare you the tales of the eventual forays into tabletop wargaming and roleplaying games and swiftly arrive at the point. These things have and continue to shape my life and fuel my creative passions which has now lead me to starting this blogging thing, which I decided upon for a few reasons.

The first reason being that writing things out and sharing them with people tends to be how I work through problems. My friends as well as the players in my campaigns either can't know about what I'm working on or have spent so long listening to me they can't stomach it anymore so now I begin shouting into the abyss of the Internet.

The second reason is to challenge myself. Setting goals and giving myself deadlines for posts ideally will force my fingers onto the keyboard, pumping words out for this blog as well as content for my games. The allure of idling watching streaming services is a tempting seductress, but the bane of productivity.

Thirdly, and this is where hopefully you the reader get something out of this. Sometimes I have good ideas.  Sometimes I have ideas I think are bad but other people see merit in them.  Sometimes (though rarely at least as far as I'll admit) I have ideas I think are great but are in actuality terrible and someone should probably tell me. If anybody ever bothers to read anything I write here, my hope is they will be able to take something away from it, or maybe leave me a nugget of wisdom in the comments.

Check the expiration date on your rations and light your torches. Let's go on an adventure together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Story Marches On

After party fell inside the frozen fortress of Grimskalle I presented my players with a couple of options. We could call this campaign a wra...